Well over a week has passed since we did our Store Stock take and its my job to try and make some sense of the results and bring some useful information out of the data. We had a number of issues to rectify from Online stock ordering issues so had to revise the result to help the departments target the actual losses.
- Top 20 Highest Loss Brands in Store for Value
- Top 30 Highest Loss Brands in store for Quantity
- Revised Stock take Result to compensate for Online Issues caused over the stock take to allow management/department accurate results to reflect there departments and work.
- Looked at high loss areas vs high gain areas.
- Action Plan for the Stock Team to work on
- Increased Monthly Counts of High Loss Areas by Shop floor, Stock team and Security
- Line Scanning at Delivery Intake to minimize errors from the DC
- All transfers in store to be scanned and not manually entered when being transferred to other stores.
- Tracking of all requests for stock to come into the store to minimize holding stock we are not cataloged for.
- Stock Team have a whole new set up and focus on what they are to be looking at daily and weekly. With new staff account-abilities and more investigation work to be done. The team will now own all these jobs to help improve our store stock file and its accuracy.
Overall it was a really successful stock take with me and my team trying a few new ways of working but achieving an accurate result in less time and requiring less resource to complete. Now the action plan is pretty much in place and all the departments have been briefed and had one to ones regarding there result. It should now shape how we work for the next 6 months until the next one.